Friday, June 23, 2006

One Week and Counting

Wow, can you believe that in only a week I'll be jetting over the Atlantic Ocean?? I'm still stunned that it's actually going to happen. Well, maybe it will sink in when we're at the airport. Or on the plane. Or not till we land at Charles de Gaulle airport!

Regardless, this trip is happening! So just a few last-minute preparations to finish. Decide on a wardrobe...pare down the wardrobe...cut that in half. :) Still a little shopping left to do. Really need to do a trial run of packing. Hmmm...how to pack for a month in one 14x20 bag and a backpack.

I had a doctor appointment today (first of 2) so I can be sure to have all my prescriptions in order. And yes, you all know that's quite a few!! After next Thursday, my prescription collection will be complete. Bwahahaha!! Hmmm...I suppose they're going to take up a fair amount of space in my luggage.

So in these last few days there's lots left to do! Finish all my readings for the courses. Finish projects at work and make sure Jen feels comfortable with her duties while I'm gone. Gotta make sure I have addresses so I can send out postcards! GOTTA send postcards! And, of course, spend as much time possible with James. And the kitties.

This is going to be amazing!! A bit scary...but amazing!!




8 Comments:

At 6/26/2006 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought it was "mordez-moi vous fromage mangeant le singe de reddition"

-brad

 
At 6/26/2006 12:35 PM, Blogger Danita said...

Ah yes...how to win friends and influence people in France. Thanks Brad!! :)

 
At 6/27/2006 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I GUESS I SHOULD LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS TRIP STATUS!!! I AM SOOOO PROUD OF YOU FOR ACTUALLY BEING A "DO-ER" AND NOT JUST TLAK ABOUT IT. GET-ER-DONE -THE MCCOYS

 
At 6/28/2006 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MISS YOU ALREADY...and you've only left work, not C-U, not ILLINOIS, NOT the USA.... It IS all about you, baby. Have the most marvelous time in France. With your personality, the French will forget that you are American, and just love you for being you (at least I hope so)!! *smile* Good luck with completing your remaining tasks. Your adrenaline will see you through the next day until you leave on that aeroplane headed for Paris (well, your rush will get you all the way to Paris)!! I'm backing you 200%!! If you need anything, you know how to reach me.

 
At 6/30/2006 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I SUPPOSE THAT YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY TO THE WINDY CITY TO CATCH YOUR FLEIGHT BY NOW... I HOPE ALL GOES WELL WITH YOUR NEW ADVENTURE. I HAVE NEVER SENT A FRIEND OFF TO FOREIGN SOIL. I KNOW THAT YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPRESSION ON MANY IN PARIS IN THE MONTH THAT YOU ARE THERE. MEGAN STILL CANNOT UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL BE AROUND THE WORLD FOR A WHOLE MONTH!!! YOU KNOW HOW TO CONTACT US HERE-- ESPECIALLY DURING MY WORK HOURS!! ENJOY YOUR TRIP AND STUDY TOO. YOU CAN BALANCE IT--I HAVE SEE THAT ALL TOO WELL!! GOTTA GO BACK TO WORK-- I WILL WAIT TO SEE ANY COMMUNICATIONS HERE--- LATER DUDE-B

 
At 6/30/2006 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time! (man, I gotta get out my french dictionary again for the posts :) )

sprinkle donut girl

 
At 7/01/2006 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What no update yet? I'm kidding!!! Can't wait for the first Paris posting!! Hope you are doing something Parisian right now and speaking en Francais, of course! Waiting patiently, but with anticipation....

 
At 7/03/2006 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

M may be patient but I'm not... where's the first update, how was the flight? How's your accomidations? Have you been anyhere cool yet (other than being in France, which is cool in itself)? Could you see the Eiffel Tower from the airplane? Details!

Soooo proud of you and excited for you! Huggles - Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home