Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Montmartre Cemetary

Yup, leave it to me to visit a beautiful and famous cemetary in Paris and take photos of CATS! Well! I miss my own fur-babies!! Unfortunately, these cats, while lovely, were quite skittish so alas I was unable to pet any of them. But they did cooperate nicely and pose for me!

This skinny little one was near the entrance. I should have known there would be more to see!

Can ya see the black kitty hiding on top of the memorial? And, no, I don't know who the crypt is for.

Here are a pair hanging out by their little house and trying to stay cool. Seems someone has built a nice house for the cats - they have food, water and a comfy bed! I was pleased to find they were being cared for.


And here's the last one we saw as we dashed out of the cemetary with one of the workers blowing a horrible whistle alerting everyone that the cemetary was closing. Lovely cat, though! And s/he was just loungin' away.

All together, we counted seven but I'm sure there were more we didn't see. And yes, I took a couple of pictures of the tombstones/memorials/crypts. The whole place was truly incredible! Hopefully we'll get a chance to go back so I can get some more pics. If not Montmartre, then Pere Lachaise - that's where Jim Morrison is buried after all. :)

5 Comments:

At 7/19/2006 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY GIRL - I JUST FELT THAT YOU POSTED SOMETHING... AND SURE ENOUGH YOU DID!!! I AM GLAD THAT YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR VISIT. ONLY 2 WEEKS LEFT-- I BET YOUR KITTIES MISS YOU TOO!!! THEY MAY EVEN BE A BIT MAD AT YOU WHEN YOU GET HOME. NOT MUCH GOING ON HERE JUST CRUNCHING THRU YEAR-END....SEE YA SOON ENJOY----BECKY

 
At 7/21/2006 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chicky-poo!!
When I saw you went to the cemetary, I was wondering if you went to the one where Jim Morrison was buried. :):) BTW -- you and I are way too much alike sometimes. I, too, would visit the cemetaries -- especially anywhere in Europe. Their crypts and headstones are so cool.
Also, they are very good to the cats there because the cats keeps the mice and rats away so you don't have to deal with them when you visit the graves!! :)
I've seen your fur babies in the windows at your house a few times since you've been gone. They seem to be doing ok, although, they are probably looking for you and wondering where you are by now. :)
Haven't seen James except once when he was leaving for work one Sunday morning. That was about it.
Can't wait until you get back and we get to see all the pics and hear all the stories of your trip.
Talk to you soon!
Brenda

 
At 7/22/2006 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you getting your homework done?

 
At 7/22/2006 11:51 PM, Blogger British Isles Artworks said...

Beautiful French kitties! Thanks so much for sharing these beauties!

 
At 10/02/2007 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just returned from Montmartre and the Black kitty is still roaming around...those eyes were spooky. Scary to see a black cat roaming and lounging in a cemetary. But agree the place is amazing....Bob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home